I love the saying: Positive Mind. Positive Vibes. Positive Life. Each day we have the choice to either focus on the negative or appreciate the positive. However you decide to live your life will impact your happiness. I challenge you to work towards a positive mindset and learn from negative experiences in your life. I think that it's all about changing your perspective to really understand how great your life is! Here are a few of my favorite tips for keeping a positive mind:
- Gratitude lists. Amidst a busy, stressful week, something that I like to do, but don't do too often, is write gratitude lists. Writing down what you're thankful for, working towards, and have accomplished helps put things back into perspective. We all have bad days and having a list like this handy to look over when you're feeling kind of bleh will help. This is something that I definitely want to get more in the habit of doing.
- Dance. Dancing is a great way to get rid of stress! If you're in need of a pick-me-up, put on your favorite playlist and dance around in your room. Or if you haven't tried Zumba yet, I highly suggest it. It's so fun, challenging, and a great workout that really gets your endorphins flowing. After a class or dance session in my room, my mind usually feels clear and motivated to tackle whatever challenge life throws at me.
- Quotes. If you follow me on Pinterest, you might have noticed that my quotes board has over 1,000 pins! If I'm not in the best mood, something that I love doing is going on Pinterest, looking up quotes, and printing out my favorites to display on my cork board. There are so many uplifting, positive quotes that can help put things back into perspective.
- Do something that you love everyday. Constantly running around from place to place can get a bit hectic sometimes. That's why it is so important to do something that you love everyday! It'll give you something to look forward to and enjoy. Maybe it's some ice cream at the end of a busy day or painting or reading a really great book!
- Learning opportunities. Every moment in life presents a learning opportunity. The good and bad each have positive in them. Sometimes the lessons that we learn are easy, other times the lessons are a bit more challenging to learn. However, try to remember that no matter how easy or difficult the lesson is, you are growing as a person and changing for the better.
I hope these tips help you to live positively and keep a positive mindset!