2017: 1 Year, 365 Opportunities
Happy 2017! I can't fully explain my excitement for this new year. I truly feel as though it will be magical, filled with adventures, love, happiness, and change. I know that you can create change in your life at any point in the year, it doesn't necessarily need to be on January 1st, however, something about the new year really motivates me to kickstart positive change.
I really love the saying that 1 year = 365 opportunities. I think that it is such a great way to look at the new year and the possibilities that it holds. 2017 is the year to go after your dreams, work hard, have fun, fall in love, be spontaneous, and get out of your comfort zone! I'm sure 2017, like 2016 will be filled with its fair share of lessons, but I am ready to experience everything.
I thought it would be fun to share my goals and hopes for 2017 and look back on this post in December when I am reflecting on the year.
- A year of memories. I would love to document my life through pictures, videos, journal entries, and blog posts in 2017. It's always fun reflecting on a year in memories. This past July, I downloaded the 1 second everyday app and have been using it daily. (Sometimes, I forget and have to use a random picture, but I want to try taking a video each day.)
- A year of creativity. This year, I really want to grow S'MOre Happiness. I want to share more content, create a newsletter, engage more, create conversations, and inspire you to live a positive life. :) I view S'MOre Happiness as a space to express my creativity. I want to push myself out of my comfort zone and create videos on YouTube. I've always thought about it and even vlogged before it was a thing 10 years ago. I also would love to do more crafts this year - I think it is a great stress reliever.
- A year of adventures. I always have go on more adventures on my new year's resolutions list. It is always interesting to reflect back on the year and see the adventures that I never would have dreamed on going when the year started. It would be awesome to travel somewhere new this year, take spontaneous road trips, go on weekends away, and have a relaxing, summer vacation.
- A year of fitness. I know that this is extremely cliché, however, I really want to incorporate fitness into my routine. I really loved doing Zumba and Yoga classes in college. I want to workout three times a week because I find it to be a great way to get rid of stress and feel good. :)
- A year of growth. This will be my first, full-year not being in college. I am excited to have the opportunity to learn whatever I'd like to. My boyfriend and I recently got Rosetta Stone to learn Greek. Fun-fact, Greek was my first language. I can understand it still, but I'd really love to be able to speak it more. I also want to dabble more into financial budgets and figure out a savings plan.
I hope that 2017 brings you health, happiness, love, laughter, fun, adventures, and growth. I'd love to know what your hopes are for 2017! Please leave a comment down below or tweet me!
p.s. I uploaded a new YouTube video to my channel on Saturday!