Favorite Things for a Relaxing Day
After a stressful day or week, I like to plan a relaxing day doing all the things that make me happy. I think that it is super important to take care of yourself and refocus your mind to the things that are important. Last week, I blogged about creating your own happiness and I think that a part of doing that is having a relaxing day!
So, put away all the distractions, negative thoughts, and stressors in your life to enjoy a relaxing day/evening. Here's what I like to do for a relaxing day:
1. Tea. A relaxing day to me, is not complete without a cup of Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea. It is so soothing and basically a hug in a cup :)
2. Music. Get ready slowly by putting on your favorite playlist. I love a mix of upbeat and mellow songs to energize me for the day ahead. Some of my favorites are Hear The Noise That Moves So Soft and Low by James Vincent McMorrow, Always Be by Holley Maher, Leading Me Now by The Tallest Man on Earth, and Ooh La La by Faces.
3. Candles. I absolutely love candles! My favorite scents are floral for the spring/summer & vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin for the fall/winter. There is something about candles that make your room really relaxing.
4. Read. Reading to me is so relaxing and its easy to let life's worries slip away. I love getting lost in a great book.
5. Journal. Sometimes, the easiest way to get past your worries, is to write what is bothering you. Writing in my journal clears my mind and helps me refocus on what is important.
6. Spend time with your favorite people. My boyfriend, close friends, and family know how to make me laugh and have a great time. All it takes is a walk in the park, a family BBQ, and talking over a great meal to get my mind off of being stressed.
7. Pray. I really believe in giving all of my worries to God through prayer. I know that He has a plan for everyone and it is important to trust His will.
8. Watch your favorite movie. There is nothing like putting on your favorite feel-good movie on a relaxing day. Get lost in the story of your favorite characters. Even better if you make it a movie night with your boyfriend or friends! Add some popcorn & ice cream and the movie night is complete :)
9. Pamper yourself. Set aside some time during your relaxing day to pamper yourself. I love doing a facial and painting my nails/toes.
What do you like doing on a relaxing day? Let me know in the comments or tweet me!