Early spring brings fresh air, crisp mornings and evenings, and either sunny or rainy afternoons. Depending on the weather, I am craving different meals. Lately, I have been testing out new recipes. Whenever I eat too much of the same thing, I get sick of it.
For this #smorespring blog post, I thought it would be fun to share three of the recipes that I recently tried. I really want to incorporate fresh fruits and veggies into my diet and I think that these recipes fulfill at least the veggie requirement.
Spicy Thai Pasta
This dish is perfect for dinner and it leaves you with plenty of leftovers to take with you to work for a few days. I got the recipe from Pinterest and modified it a little bit. Here is the original recipe, in case you are interested.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini
- 8 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 TBS hot sauce
- 2 pinches of ginger
- Boil the linguine
- Saute the chopped zucchini and mushrooms in a pan with olive oil and red pepper flakes
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, hot sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and add to the veggie mixture.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and veggies and mix until everything is coated.
- Enjoy :)
This recipe is a take on buffalo chicken, however, instead of chicken we are using cauliflower.
- One head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop the cauliflower.
- Coat the cauliflower in the buffalo hot sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy :)
Ravioli Veggie Soup
At the beginning of Lent, I was looking for some vegetarian dinner options. I found this on Pinterest and modified the recipe a bit.
- 1 package of frozen ravioli
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- Veggie broth or chicken broth
- Your favorite spices (I used cayenne pepper)
- In a large pot bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the ravioli to the broth and cook according to the directions on the package.
- 5 minutes before the ravioli are cooked, add the spinach, chopped zucchini, and spices to the soup.
- Enjoy :)