The BEST Chicken Soup
With the weather getting colder and the nights getting darker, the best way to warm up is to eat some warm, tasty chicken soup! A few weeks ago, Travis & I wanted to make our own soup. We knew we wanted a lighter soup with chicken in it. After searching on Pinterest for recipes, we didn't find anything that caught our eye. So, we came up with our own variation of chicken soup.
Here's what you'll need to make the best chicken soup & have plenty leftover for lunch during the week! :)
- 2 boxes of chicken broth
- 1 box of pasta (we used Ditalini)
- A heaping amount of arugula
- Chicken (You can use a rotisserie chicken if you would like, or make your own!)
- Olive Oil
- If you want to cook your own chicken, combine olive oil, pepper, and oregano to make a rub.
- Add the rub to the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add the two boxes of chicken broth, handful of arugula, oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a separate, medium pot, boil water for the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for three minutes less than the suggested time on the box. (The pasta will continue to cook once combined with the soup).
- Once the pot of chicken broth is boiling, add in the chicken.
- Add the pasta to the chicken broth and simmer for three-five minutes.
- The soup is ready to serve, bon appétit! :)
Let me know if you make this soup! I'd love to hear what you think. p.s. it smells amazing too!
p.p.s. I'm so bummed that I don't have a good photo of this soup, stay tuned for an updated photo soon!