Healthy Tortellini & Chicken Recipe
Oh my goodness - this tortellini & chicken recipe is a must-make! It is easy, healthy, and super delicious.
The other day, Travis and I were talking about how we were bored with the same few meals in our rotation. We decided to experiment and try something new. We wanted to create a meal that would be filling and healthy. So, we decided to pair tortellini, veggies, and chicken to make a modern twist on the classic pasta primavera.
What You'll Need:
- 1 Pound of Chicken Breast
- 1 Package of Tortellini
- 1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of Basil Pesto
- A pinch of Ginger
- 1 tsp Oregano*
- 1 tsp Thyme*
- 1 tsp Pepper*
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper*
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil*
*Note, we didn't actually measure the spices. You may want to use more or less depending on your flavor preferences. Also, feel free to use whatever spices you'd like. This is just how we typically prepare our chicken.
Simple Steps to Preparing a Delicious Meal:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the chicken with olive oil, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Chop up the asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
- In a large pan, add the chopped asparagus, a pinch of ginger, some pepper, and olive oil and sauté for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Combine the tortellini, asparagus, chicken, and cherry tomatoes to the large pan. Mix in the Basil Pesto.
- Voila, your meal is ready! Enjoy :)
Let me know if you try this meal by tagging me on Instagram!