Easy Banana Bread Recipe
There is something about baking a warm loaf of banana bread on a cozy afternoon that is really relaxing. This recipe is very simple and easy to make - you just need one bowl! The smell of banana bread baking in the oven is something I wish candles would do a better job at capturing.
The ingredient list is simple. Just make sure that you have everything before you start. Fun fact, while I was making the bread this past Sunday, I realized I didn't have any vanilla. I needed to quickly run to my local supermarket and pick some up.
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the egg, baking soda, vanilla, and sugar into the large bowl and mix.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add as many chocolate chips as your heart desires and mix. Who measures them anyway :)
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. If you find that the middle isn't cooking, but the outside is, lower your oven to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes.