Adjusting to Post-Grad Life
I originally was going to write this blog post on some of my favorite summer photos, but I'm thinking I'll save that for a bonus post this week. I have talked about post-grad life for a few weeks now and was wondering about it in some previous blog posts. I always thought that once it was back-to-school time, it would hit me more that I wasn't heading back. Well, that's the truth. Seeing people I know heading back to college and school the past two weeks made the reality really sink it. I am done with school forever.
The change is exciting and definitely something that I'll need to adjust to. It definitely feels nice not having to worry about homework, tests, and projects. However, now that I'm in the working world, I don't want to stop learning. I wanted to come up with some goals that I want to achieve over the next few months and thought I would share them with you.
- Create a budget. I started working on this the other day and it was kind of stressful. I want to read some articles about how to create an ideal budget as a post-grad. I need to make sure to save some money, yet I still want to have fun!
- Master more recipes. Over the summer, my boyfriend and I cooked a lot more than during the school year! We mastered a few recipes, now we want to learn more. It's so fun finding the recipe, making it, and enjoying the food together :)
- Make exercising a priority. I need to make exercising more of a priority. Not only does it make me feel better, but it's a great stress-reliever.
- Adjust to my new schedule. Working 9-5, or in my case 8:30-4:30, has been a bit of an adjustment. Sometimes, if I don't get enough sleep the night before, I fall into an afternoon slump. I want to create a morning routine that energizes me for the day ahead and a night routine that relaxes me for a peaceful sleep.
- Plan some fun adventures. Like I said in the post above, if I don't get enough sleep I get tired when I come home from work. I want to create a true work-life balance and plan some fun things to do after hours!
- Learn new skills. Even though I'm not in school anymore, I want to continue learning. Some of the things I want to learn are: how to take better photographs and improve my blog, skills necessary for my field, and re-learn Greek.
What are some of your goals for the year? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me!